Corporations have a problem…
- STRESS. Twenty percent of employees rate their level of daily workplace stress as high. Stress causes companies to lose an estimated $300 billion each year.
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT. Stress leads to employee disengagement. Only one-third of U.S. employees are engaged in their work and workplace. Gallup estimates that actively disengaged employees cost the U.S. $483 billion to $605 billion each year in lost productivity.
- ABSENTEEISM. Stress is behind more than half of the 550 million working days lost each year because of absenteeism. At a price tag of $602 per worker per year, it costs U.S. businesses close to $3.5 million annually.
- PRODUCTIVITY. Stressed out and disengaged employees have a higher level of turnover, miss more work and negatively influence their coworkers. Stress alters brain structure and function, diminishing a corporation’s intellectual capital.
- HEALTHCARE. Employee healthcare costs are soaring and 80% of medical expenditures are now stress-related.
Companies want growth and profit, but levels of personal and professional stress are causing employees to disengage and not realize their full potential. How much is stress costing your organization?
We have the solution…
PowerHouse Performance transforms cultures from stressed to resilient.
Our clients have experienced:
- 28.3% decreased level of stress
- 25.1% increase in energy
- 32.2% increase in quality of sleep
- 3.14% decrease in body fat
We teach you to:
- Increase your threshold for stress
- Recover from stress more quickly and efficiently
- Elevate your levels of productivity, performance and energy
- Enhance cognitive function, decision making, leadership and effective communication
- Empower you to thrive in an increasingly demanding business environment
- Improve your fitness, health, sleep and body fat
Our approach is completely different
Your job is never going to ask less of you, nor are your loved ones. The stress in your life will continue to increase and your only option is to build your resiliency to it: train to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently, and to raise your threshold for it.
Stress starts as a physical event, secreting hormones that transform your chemistry, physiology and brain function. We provide tools and understanding to deal with stress on a physiological level. Altering body chemistry with specific ways of moving and eating that are practical and doable – as well as foolproof cognitive change strategies – employees quickly build resilience and improve performance.
Anything but run of the mill, our events are active, high-energy, engaging and life-changing. We simplify complex physiological processes in a way that people understand and empower them to make change in their lives.
“Incorporating Jenny into our flagship program raised our game in a way we couldn’t have anticipated. Over the course of six months, Jenny stood in front of more than 3,500 executives at AT&T for four hours at a time. Her obvious passion around the material and her genuine concern for the participants in the room created a tidal wave of action at this great company. This response was consistent from coast to coast in the United States and didn’t skip a beat when we took the program to London and Hong Kong. We could not be more proud to call Jenny Evans our friend and our trusted partner. She has changed our culture for the better and we are forever grateful.”ALYSON WOODARD
RESILIENCY KEYNOTES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS:
It’s Time for a rEvolution: Build Your Resiliency and Conquer Your Stress, 60 Seconds at a Time
In addition to the demands of your job continuing to increase every year and your personal life becoming more complex, you are likely trapped behind a desk, eating less healthfully than you would like, and don’t have time for exercise or taking care of yourself. In an attempt to cope, you may be skipping your workouts and sacrificing sleep. You might be turning to food, alcohol, caffeine and nicotine to cope. Unfortunately, all of these things are adding to the stress in your life, not reducing it.
Stress “reduction” or “management” isn’t realistic. Your job is never going to ask less of you, nor are your loved ones. This means your only option is to build your resiliency to stress. As part of the rEvolution you will learn there are positive aspects to the stress response and how to use them to your advantage. You will put into practice simple, pragmatic training techniques that will help your body and brain to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently, as well as raise your threshold for it.
You will understand how your environment consciously as well as unconsciously affects your behavior in significant ways, and how to create a microclimate conducive to change – small tweaks at work and home that literally make change a no-brainer. You will also understand how the brain responds to stress and change and how to implement a successful training plan that will work for the long term.
You will be able to realize your full potential and perform your absolute best — professionally and personally — in the face of stress. If these benefits aren’t enough, your health will improve, you will have more energy, you will sleep better and you can lose weight.
- Understand the physiology of the stress response and how it affects cognitive function, focus, decision-making, communication, learning, leadership style and productivity
- Learn how dealing with change triggers the stress response and puts “caveman brain” in control, making us highly reactive and emotional
- Discover how to regain access to “advanced brain” and the full array of professional talents and skills during times of change and stress
- Increase your threshold for stress
- Train your body and brain to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently
- Implement strategies to quickly transform the brain and body to a state of optimum performance and access critical business skills during stressful times
- Understand common behaviors that add more stress to the body and ways to support sustainable performance and energy
- Find out why willpower does not work when it comes to making long-lasting behavior change and what to do instead
- Design and implement microclimates full of “optimal defaults” that make positive behavior change automatic
- Leave with a fool-proof action plan for improving resiliency, performance and health
Duration: Half- or full-day and includes up to 100 copies of The Resiliency rEvolution: Your Stress Solution for Life, 60 Seconds at a Time and up to 100 units of PowerHouse Hit the Deck. Full-day program includes online Resiliency Survey, 3 months of follow-up emails, body fat testing, waist-to-hip ratio, blood work and exercise session.
Why is this topic important? Stress carries a high cost not only personally, but professionally as well, costing the U.S. businesses more than $200 billion per year. The challenging economy, lay offs, uncertain financial futures, working long hours, and doing the jobs of 2-3 people are raising the level of stressors people need to deal with. Companies need to run leaner and meaner, yet health care costs continue to rise. People are busier and more stretched for time than ever, making a healthy lifestyle difficult to achieve.
How is this practical to the worksite? This dynamic speaking engagement combines interactive exercises and enlightening information that provide simple, effective resiliency strategies employees can incorporate into their lives right away. In addition to knowing how to become more physiologically resilient, they will learn nutrition strategies that minimize stress on their bodies that also improve energy, performance and health. These strategies utilize foods that can be found anywhere and encompass a wide variety of options so that executing the strategies on a daily basis is attainable. Participants will also learn how cardiovascular interval training helps expand resiliency to stress and be given a unique tool to be successful with exercise. Lastly, a comprehension of how stress and change affect brain function and creating a strategy to utilize both parts of the brain ensures employees make long-lasting, positive change.
Stress-Proof Your Brain: boost your brain power and positive moods
We are not just affected mentally and emotionally by stress – it radically alters the chemistry and physical structures of our brains. Stress diminishes our cognitive function while increasing negative emotional states. It makes portions of the brain relating to fear, anxiety and aggression larger and more active. It also kills cells in the brain related to decision-making, focus, attention, memory, learning, and our ability to accomplish goals. We literally lose our minds when we’re stressed and it keeps us from performing well at our jobs and at home.
Stress-Proof Your Brain will help you understand what happens to your brain and cognitive function during and after stress. This comprehension will help you hone in on how it’s affecting your performance, both professionally as well as personally. More importantly, you will learn how to counteract the negative effects as well as boost your brainpower and positive mood states. You will be able to stay focused, make strategic decisions, have sound judgment and not be a victim of anxiety in the face of stress. In the process, you will also improve your energy, fitness, sleep and resiliency.
- Understand how stress affects brain function, structure and chemistry.
- Learn how to utilize advanced, intellectual portions of the brain during stress instead of the more primitive, reactive ones.
- Improve your mental capital and cognitive performance: decision-making skills, focus, memory, attention and conflict resolution.
- Enhance your ability to access positive emotional states while decreasing anxiety, negativity and reactivity.
- Keep existing brain neurons vital and healthy, while growing new neurons and increasing brain volume.
- Improve your health and resiliency.
Duration: One to three hours, includes online Resiliency Survey and up to 100 copies of The Resiliency rEvolution: Your Stress Solution for Life, 60 Seconds at a Time.
Why is topic important? Your professional and personal lives are demanding and result in years and years of accumulated stress, which alters your brain and it’s ability to think and feel appropriately. These resulting brain changes dramatically hinder your performance. They can create a vicious cycle where the brain becomes predisposed to be in a constant state of fight-or-flight. They diminish your ability to learn, remember, and make decisions. You become short-tempered, short-sighted and emotionally reactive. They also make it more difficult to successfully manage stressful situations in the future, creating a downward spiral.
How is this practical to the workplace? According to the report The Burden of Stress in America, employees report that stress makes it hard to concentrate at work, more difficult to get work done on time, and makes it challenging to take on extra responsibilities. The pace of business is moving faster than ever. Multiple critical, strategic decisions need to be made quickly, and avoiding costly mistakes is imperative. Multitasking keeps our brains in overdrive.
These influences and changes can have significant consequences on what decisions we make, the way we interact with coworkers and clients, whether we can accomplish long-term goals, and our ability to successfully deal with daily challenges.